In order for a rabbit to stay healthy, they have to eat their own poop.
2. In Japan, they have an expression (Mariko Aoki phenomenon) to describe the sudden urge to poop when you're in a bookstore.
3. Stalin had a secret lab to analyze the feces of other foreign leaders for the purpose of constructing psychological portraits. For example, a leader with high levels of tryptophan was assumed to be calm and approachable, while a lack of potassium indicated a nervous disposition.
4. In 2015, someone had a poop so toxic on a British Airway flight from Heathrow to Dubai that it had to turn around and land after just 30 minutes.
5. In 1969, scientists were puzzled to find a tomato plant on a 40-year-old volcanic island. They were dumbfounded as to how it got there. It turned out that it grew from the poop that a scientist had taken on the island.
A farmer named Noel Osborne once fell into a pile of manure and shattered his hip. For five days, his goat Mandy kept him warm and even let him drink milk for sustenance.
7. King George III had an illness that caused his poop to turn purple.
8. Fieldfares (Turdus Pilaris) dive bomb predators in a group, by defecating on them. Some predatory birds can become so covered in excrement that they cannot fly.
9. Due to lack of fertilizer, North Korean shops once sold (or still selling) human feces.
10. Artic Explorer Peter Freuchen was once caught in a terrible blizzard and buried under a thick layer of snow and ice. When he couldn't claw his way out, Freuchen whittled his own frozen feces into a knife and used it to chisel his way through.
11Great Stink of London
The Great Stink of London was an event in 1858 where the smell of human waste in the River Thames was so bad that it halted parliament. 250 tons of limes were used to mask the odor.
12. Hibernating bears don't eat or drink, and thus don't poop or pee, but they develop a fecal plug in their intestines that can grow to 7 to 15 inches long and 1 to 2.5 inches in diameter. They defecate when they emerge from hibernation. "Fecal plugs have a light odor that is not unpleasant."
13. The Parrotfish eats dead coral and then poops sand. This sand poop is also responsible for nearly all the white sand beaches in Hawaii.
14. Truckers throw out gallon jugs of urine and bags filled with feces out their windows, and it's an actual problem.
15. Franken-Berry (children's cereal) used to turn people's poo pink due to an inability to break down the heavily-dyed cereal. The symptom was referred to as "Franken-Berry stool".
In 2006, a Dallas man named Behrouz Nahidmobarekeh received 5 years in prison after being caught sprinkling his feces onto baked goods at a grocery store.
17. Farmers willingly allow the "Tree Goats of Morocco" to climb Argan trees. After the goats finish eating the fruit and nuts off the tree, they pass valuable clumps of seeds which are then pressed to create the sought-after Argan oil. Argan oil is commonly found in the popular Ogx Shampoo bottle, effectively making it Shampoop.
18. An 84-year-old Iranian man named Amou Haji hasn't bathed in 60 years, sleeps in a grave-like hole, and smokes animal feces.
19. There is a company named OpenBiome that will pay $13,000 per year if you sell them your poop.
20. Paula Radcliffe, the winner of the 2005 London Marathon, took a sh*t on the side of the road in full view of spectators and cameras.
A "Pig Toilet" is a human toilet/outhouse connected to a pig sty, providing human feces to the pigs as their food source.
22. 72% of shopping carts have poop (fecal bacteria) on the handles.
23. During the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, 25,000 pigeons were released during the opening ceremony. When a cannon was fired, the pigeons begun to poop on the spectators watching the ceremony below.
24. Tinnunculite is a naturally occurring material that only forms when Falcon's poop directly into burning coal mines as they fly.
25. A 1970s high school art project ceramic jug, found in a barn covered with chicken poop, was mistakenly identified as 19th-century work and priced at $50,000 on Antiques Road Show.