Elton John has sold more than 300 million records and for 31 consecutive years (1970–2000) he has had at least one song in the Billboard Hot 100.
2. Iggy Pop was once attacked by a man in a gorilla suit, and that man was English singer Elton John.
3. After seeing Elvis in concert, Liberace suggested he wear flashy costumes. Elvis took the advice and began sporting gold lame jackets and jeweled white jumpsuits.
4. "Bennie And The Jets" by Elton John isn't a live recording but because producer Gus Dudgeon wanted a live feel on the recording, he mixed in crowd noise and whistles into the song.
5. In 1957, Elvis Presley asked his audience at a Seattle concert to please rise for the national anthem. He picked up his guitar, leaned in, shook his hips and began his biggest hit "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog." The crowd went wild. A 15-year-old Jimmy Hendrix was there.
6Kurt Russell and Elvis Presley
In 1963 at the age of 11, Kurt Russell starred in a movie with Elvis Presley. 16 years later, a 27-year-old Russell played Elvis in a TV movie, and 15 years after that, voiced Elvis in Forrest Gump.
7. Elvis' manager (Colonel Tom Parker) sold "I Hate Elvis" badges to make money from those who otherwise wouldn't have parted with their cash for Elvis merchandise.
8. Lady Gaga's 'Telephone' and Rihanna's 'Umbrella' were both originally written for Britney Spears, while 'Baby One More Time' was written for TLC.
9. While Eminem was in rehab, Elton John would call him weekly to check on him.
10. Elvis Presley was critical of The Beatles, stating that they "laid the groundwork for many of the problems we are having with young people by their filthy, unkempt appearances and suggestive music".
Elvis Presley wore a cross, a star of David and the Hebrew letter chai. He said: "I don't want to miss out on heaven due to a technicality."
12. Timon & Pumbaa were the original singers of 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' from "The Lion King." Elton John hated it and adjusted it to the more romantic version heard in the film.
13. Elvis Presley was a natural blonde. He started to dye his hair at a young age to have an edgier look.
14. Former newspaper editor of The Sun, Kelvin Mackenzie, published a story alleging Elton John had the voiceboxes of his own guard dogs removed. He was proven wrong when a reporter went round to check and the dogs barked at him.
15. In 2016, Celine Dion stood near the open casket of her deceased husband for 7 hours to greet and comfort complete strangers who had arrived to pay their respects at the public visitation held on the eve of his funeral. She was only expected to stay for 30 minutes.
In 2012, when Taylor Swift held a public vote for where she should visit and perform a free concert, 4chan users as a prank voted for a children's school for the deaf and won the vote. Swift donated $10,000 to the school, 4 companies matched her donation, VH1 gave $10,000 in instruments, and Swift gave the students tickets to her Boston concert.
17. Elvis Presley once asked his limo driver, "Do you own this limo or do you work for the company?" He responded, "I work for the company." Elvis said, "Well, you own it now." The limo driver's tip was the limo.
18. When Elton John told his parents of his desire to become an entertainer, they tried to steer him towards a more conventional career, like banking. The flamboyant costumes he wore on stage early in his career were a way of 'letting go' after his restrictive childhood.
19. Elvis Presley only ever failed in one class and it was music.
20. After Elvis Presley performed Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water", Paul Simon, who attended the show, said, "That's it, we might as well all give up now."
The second floor of Elvis' Graceland is forbidden and the only non-family member to see it was Nicholas Cage, who married Lisa Marie Presley.
22. In 1977, three men were arrested for attempting to steal Elvis Presley's remains for ransom. This is why his body along with his mother's, was moved to Graceland where they are monitored by security.
23. Elvis Presley once bought a random stranger a car after he saw her admiring his custom limo while it was parked at a car dealership.
24. Elvis Presley was 24 years old when he started seeing 14-year-old Priscilla.
25. Before Elvis Presley became famous, he had a troubling past of getting bullied. Once in high school, three guys were going to cut his hair off. Then a man, named Red West intervened the scene and stopped them. He would become Elvis's bodyguard and friend and was with him from 1956 to 1975.