- Sponsored Links -

76Diamonds

There are enough diamonds in existence to give everyone on the planet a cupful. - Source


77. The morning after Muhammad Ali lost in a fight against Larry Holmes, a 14-year-old Mike Tyson promised him that when he "got big" he would take down Larry Holmes for him. 6 years later, Tyson fought against Larry Holmes and won. - Source


78. When vaccines and similar treatment were first introduced in the 18th century, religious leaders condemned them, saying that diseases are sent by God to punish sinners. To try to cure sinners would be going against God's will. - Source


79. Troy Leon Gregg, a death row inmate in Georgia, escaped the night before his execution only to be killed in a bar fight that very same night. - Source


80. In Himalayas are found the world's largest honey bees (Apis dorsata laboriosa), and they make hallucinogenic honey. - Source


81Charles J. Guiteau

Charles J. Guiteau who assassinated US President James A. Garfield intentionally used a gun that would look nice in a museum. - Source


82. 35% of British adults sleep with a stuffed bear toy. - Source


83. Scotland Yard has a team of over 200 "Super Recognisers" who can remember 80% of faces they ever seen. The rest of us can do about 20%. - Source


84. A Japanese criminal mastermind dubbed "The Monster with 21 Faces". He was responsible for extorting and poisoning products at confectionery companies across Tokyo. His activity ceased after the ritual suicide of a police chief, who failed to stop him. He has never been caught. - Source


85. When Hall of Fame NFL Running back, Curtis Martin, was 15 years old, he was held up with a loaded gun to his head. The criminal pulled the trigger seven times, but no bullet came out. On the eighth trigger pull, the gun discharged while aimed elsewhere.


- Sponsored Links -

86Chaos

In Greek mythology, Chaos was the origin of everything. - Source


87. A study found that Charlie Sheen’s HIV-positive disclosure in 2014 led to 8225 more sales than expected of in-home HIV tests, surpassing World AIDS Day by a factor of about 7, concluding that a “Charlie Sheen effect” represents an important opportunity for a public health response. - Source


88. In 1958, two pilots named Robert Timm and John Cook flew an aircraft for more than two months without landing, refueling by matching speed with a truck driving down a road. Their record has not been broken. - Source


89. Operation Cherry Blossoms at Night was a 1945 plan developed by Shirō Ishii to wage biological warfare upon civilian population centers in Southern California in the United States during the final months of World War II, using plague fleas from unit 731. - Source


90. The Aeroflot Flight 6502 incident of 1986 in which a Soviet pilot made a bet with his co-pilot that he could land the airplane blind. He crashed the plane, killing 70 out of 94 passengers and crew.


- Sponsored Links -

91Turkey

The German word for "turkey" literally translates to "threatening chicken." Porcupines are "spike pigs," raccoons are "wash bears," and platypuses are "beak animals." - Source


92. Arnold Schwarzenegger tricked Sylvester Stallone into starring in 'Stop or My Mom Will Shoot' by spreading rumors that he wanted the lead role. In a heated rivalry with him at the time, Stallone took the role just to keep it from Arnie. - Source


93. Humans and mushrooms share a common ancestor from 1150 million years ago, and we are closer to them than to bananas - which we share a common ancestor with from 1624 million years ago. - Source


94. Eclipses are of extreme importance to historians, as they are one of the only ways to precisely date many historical events, thus allowing the timing of events around the eclipse to also be determined. - Source


95. 0.7 % of the world’s population is estimated to be drunk at any given time (roughly 52 million people). - Source


96Oneida Limited company

The giant silverware company Oneida Limited started out as a 19th-century free love commune. Both older men and women were chosen to be sexual mentors to adolescent members of the opposite sex. And they also made silverware. - Source


97. Trevor Richards, a 16-year-old South African immigrant, got suspended from his Omaha, Nebraska school when he nominated himself for a "Distinguished African-American Student of the Year" prize. He was the only pupil in this school to have ever lived in Africa. - Source


98. When helium is cooled to near absolute zero it becomes a liquid that flows against gravity. - Source


99. When a whale dies in colder waters, its body sinks to the ocean floor creating a complex localized ecosystem for years called a whale fall. - Source


100. Pythagoras studied mathematics in Egypt and Babylon. Particularly notable as the Babylonians had the 'Pythagorean theorem' at least 500 years before Greece. - Source

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

I accept the Privacy Policy